Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dress 3: Sailor

This is dress idea #3.

Here's the sketch:


Here's the ai with front and back (Black with White flowers on skirt):

I had some more thoughts for this dress. Different colors, and no flowers. Also, the lines on the skirt part of the dress aren't pin stripes, they're just showing that the skirt is more full than just the outline.

Please give your feedback as to which you'd purchase if you saw these all on a rack in a store for a decent price:

Black and White w/o Flowers:

Turquoise and White

Turquoise and Teal

Lilac

© 10/07/09

4 comments:

  1. I like this one the best. The third one comes in second:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this one would look good on everyone. I think a high waist helps that, and the details on the top (large collar) help make people with monstrous shoulders look a little bit less monstrous. I'd buy this one-- as is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sharp angles a lot, and the wide pinstripes on the skirt. Why flowers, though? Perhaps you're thinking "springtime" and I'm thinking more "sexy manager." If the flowers were just one one side (but not uniformly--over a wider area at the bottom than the top or something), smaller, and closer together, it could be a good compromise.

    Could you tell us where you see the dresses being worn, in future posts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one. But I don't like those flowers. Black and white is nice though. Although I need dresses that are bright fun colors. -So that is what I look for. (You could do this one in a winter fabric and a summery fabric!)

    ReplyDelete